Ms C. (Candida) Leone LLM
Faculty of Law
Dep. Private Law A
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166 Room number: A003
Candida (Rome, 1986) is a lecturer and researcher at the Centre for the Study of European Contract Law (CSECL). Before joining CSECL in July 2011, she studied law at the University of Pisa and at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, still in Pisa. In 2009 she also spent an Erasmus period at Université Paul Cezanne- Aix-Marseille III (France).
Her PhD research concerns the evolution and justification of unfair terms control against the background of contractualisation of consumption and labour relationships. Her current research interests range from contract theory to consumer protection and the role of evidence-based medicine in marketised healthcare.
Since January 2016, Candida coordinates the LLM programme European Private Law. In 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 she has been a member of the Board of Studies for the Bsc programme PPLE and, in her capacity as EPL coordinator, for the Law Faculty's international LLM programmes.
Private law in International and European Context (LLM)
Consumer Rights in the Digital Single Market (LLM)
European Contract Law and Justice (LLM)
Principles of European Contract Law (BSc PPLE)
Contract law, consumer law and labour law, EU law
- Bartl, M., & Leone, C. (2015). Minimum Harmonisation after Alemo Herron: The Janus Face of the EU Fundamental Rights Review. European Constitutional Law Review.
- Bartl, M., & Leone, C. (2017). Minimum Harmonisation and Article 16 of the CFREU: Difficult Times Ahead for Social Legislation? In H. Collins (Ed.), European Contract Law and the Charter of Fundamental Rights (pp. 113-124). (European Contract Law and Theory; Vol. 2). Cambridge: Intersentia. [details]
- Leone, C. (2016). A Tale of Novelty and Continuity: Exploring the Future Judicial Control of Employment Contracts in the French Contract Law Reform. In S. Stijn, & S. Jansen (Eds.), THE FRENCH CONTRACT LAW REFORM: A SOURCE OF INSPIRATION? (pp. 73-88). Cambridge: Intersentia.
- Leone, C., (2010). Case note: ECJ (Towards a More Shared Parenthood? The Case of Roca Álvarez in Context), Sep 30, 2010. (European Labour Law Journal; Vol. 2010, No. 4).
- Leone, C. 'Book Review: Who does What? On the Allocation of Competences in European Private Law, edited by Bram Akkermans, Jaap Hage, Nicole Kornet and Jan Smits. (Cambridge: Intersentia, 2015)'
Talk / presentation
- Leone, Candida (speaker) (2-12-2016): Of private law, market regulation and telling them apart in the EU, Private law and market regulation - interaction, interference or inconsistency?, Leiden.
- Bartl, Marija (organiser) & Leone, C. (organiser) (30-9-2016): CSECL birthday conference: European Private Law in times of growing inequality (organising a conference, workshop, ...).
- No ancillary activities