Ms C. (Candida) Leone LLM
Faculty of Law
Dep. Private Law A
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166 Room number: A003
1000 BA Amsterdam
Candida (Rome, 1986) writing her PhD thesis on Unfair Terms in Labour Contracts at the Centre for the Study of European Contract Law (CSECL). Before joining CSECL in July 2011, she studied law at the University of Pisa while attending additional activities at Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, still in Pisa. In 2009 she also spent a period at Université Paul Cezanne- Aix-Marseille III (France). In 2010 she obtained her Master's degree in Pisa, curriculum private law. She serves as Student Editor for the open access journal Opinio Juris in Comparatione.
Candida's main interest lies in the law of contract, in its encounter with the specific domains of labour and consumption relations.
- Bartl, M., & Leone, C. (2017). Minimum Harmonisation and Article 16 of the CFREU: Difficult Times Ahead for Social Legislation? In H. Collins (Ed.), European Contract Law and the Charter of Fundamental Rights (pp. 113-124). (European Contract Law and Theory; Vol. 2). Cambridge: Intersentia. [details]
- Bartl, M., & Leone, C. (2015). Minimum Harmonisation after Alemo Herron: The Janus Face of the EU Fundamental Rights Review. European Constitutional Law Review.
- Leone, C. (2016). A Tale of Novelty and Continuity: Exploring the Future Judicial Control of Employment Contracts in the French Contract Law Reform. In S. Stijn, & S. Jansen (Eds.), THE FRENCH CONTRACT LAW REFORM: A SOURCE OF INSPIRATION? (pp. 73-88). Cambridge: Intersentia.
- Leone, C., (2010). Case note: ECJ (Towards a More Shared Parenthood? The Case of Roca Álvarez in Context), Sep 30, 2010. (European Labour Law Journal; Vol. 2010, No. 4).
- Leone, C. 'Book Review: Who does What? On the Allocation of Competences in European Private Law, edited by Bram Akkermans, Jaap Hage, Nicole Kornet and Jan Smits. (Cambridge: Intersentia, 2015)'
Talk / presentation
- Leone, Candida (speaker) (2-12-2016): Of private law, market regulation and telling them apart in the EU, Private law and market regulation - interaction, interference or inconsistency?, Leiden.
- Bartl, Marija (organiser) & Leone, C. (organiser) (30-9-2016): CSECL birthday conference: European Private Law in times of growing inequality (organising a conference, workshop, ...).
- No ancillary activities