Ms L.E. (Laura) Burgers LLM
Faculty of Law
Dep. Private Law A
Oudemanhuispoort 4-6 Amsterdam
Room number: A1.03
1012 CN Amsterdam
Laura Burgers (1989) joined the European Centre for the Study of European Contract Law (CSECL) as a PhD candidate in January 2016. The working title of her thesis is Justitia, the Peoples' Power and Mother Earth; the democratic legitimacy of judicial law-making in European private law with environmental liability as a case-study. Supervisors are professor doctor C. Mak & doctor M. Bartl. Laura’s research is embedded in Mak’s Vidi-project Judges in Utopia – Judicial law-making in European private law.
Laura has graduated from the University of Amsterdam (Research Master in Public International Law & Bachelor of Arts in French Language and Culture). Benefiting from exchange programs, she also studied French law at Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris, France) and international law at New York University (New York, United States of America).
- Burgers, L. E. (Author). (2016). NGO Milieudefensie starts tort proceedings against Dutch State for bad policy on air quality, blog on 'Judges in Utopia, Judicial law-making in European private law'. [details]
- Burgers, L. E. (Author). (2016). Researchers in Utopia? Benefits and dangers of case-law databases, blog on 'Judges in Utopia, Judicial law-making in European private law'. [details]
- Burgers, L. E. (Author). (2017). Waarom Rutte deze kolencentrale maar beter kan sluiten, Brainwash.nl en EU explainer.nl. Brainwash. [details]
- Burgers, L. E. (Author). (2016). Waarom de staat wordt aangeklaagd vanwege de luchtkwaliteit, brainwash.nl. Brainwash. [details]
- Burgers, Laura (04-08-2016): Brainwash Zomerradio [Radio] NPO radio 1. Is Dutch democracy endangered by a tort case against the State on alledgedly too litlle ambitious air pollution policy?, Interview with Omroep Human at NPO Radio 1.
Keynote / Invited lecture
- Burgers, Laura (speaker) (15-10-2016): Meebeslissen. Over Democratie, de Aarde en de Toekomst, Brainwash Festival 2016, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- No ancillary activities